Thursday, September 26, 2013

Homuculus: by Hideo Yamamoto






Homuculus created by Hideo Yamamoto, is another manga that has caught my eye because of the style.  The style is kind of like Prison School's, it switches between anime and realistic, but what really draws me in is the detail they put into texture, such as metal, sand, and water.  Also on the first page I present it shows the characters as silhouettes and you can tell which is who because of the eye expression which I thought was really neat.  The pages are set up with 1, 4, 5, or 6 panels, sometimes they are slanted and sometimes there is white space where one of the panels could be stretched out more.

This comic is under a horror label but I really don't see it as that I just see it as very weird and creative.  The story also caught my interests because it talks about the 6th sense and that the main character can see people for who they truly just by covering one of his eyes.  The most interesting part of this comic to me is when he finishes helping someone he carries the burden of said person, such as his arm turns into a robotic arm or his leg turns to sand, it's very interesting.

I finished this comic and was quite entertained by it.  The ending was somewhat un-expecting and kind of sad, but I recommend anyone to read it.  It makes you wonder a bit.

 

1 comment:

  1. Another good find. With the pages you've selected there's not a lot of text. Is there much text in the comic as a whole or is it mostly image-driven?

    ReplyDelete