Saturday, October 26, 2013

Fox Trot: By Bill Amend






When I use to read the paper I would read the Sunday funnies and if Foxtrot was there that would be the first one I would read.  I like the character design, even though they all look the same but with minor differences.  I like this series mostly because of Jason Fox.  He is that nerdy/geeky who kid of reminds me of myself.  The colors also catch my eye it seems very bright which I think helps draw an audience.  I like all the nerd and geek humor that is put into these comics like the planet of the apes and find "smart pencils" for school I thought was also comical.  I also like how the comic is keeping up with the modern times while some sunday comics seem to use old humor.

The panel layout for this series is usually horizontal read.  Sometimes they have 4 small panels on top of each other then one big panel at the end so it varies.  I think Bill should try different panel layouts maybe panels that bleed into each other.

This is a classic to me and I should go back and read some of these because I've forgotten how good these comics are.

1 comment:

  1. So what do you mean "old humor"? Humor appealing to old people or jokes that are stale?
    For the panels how does he using tight cropping of camera angles to pace for the punchline?

    ReplyDelete