Sunday, November 10, 2013

Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan)






Shingeki no Kyojin (Attack on Titan) created by Hajime Isayama, is another manga I have grown very fond to.  Pretty much it's a story set in a steam punk renaissance era where humanity is up against these huge creepy looking monsters called Titans, so the human race is protected by these three huge set of walls to keep them out and have set up different security groups to deal with these creatures.  What really got me into this were the monster designs, I'm recently studying anatomy and the monsters anatomy just intrigues me.  Also a lot of line work is put into this manga especially the action scenes.  Also I enjoy all the different tones of grey which adds a lot of detail especially to the Titans.

The comic lay out is pretty standard I really enjoy the one single pannel pages because of how much work is being put into it.  I know I didn't choose many pages with text but just the work just gives off what is going on in that particular scene.

Shingeki no Kyojin has also been turned into an anime which has finished its first season.  The manga is still on going so if you want to go farther into the story I recommend reading it.

2 comments:

  1. Definitely looks interesting. I'd be interested in seeing how the backgrounds change and reveal more of the setting. In these panels they seem very minimal- which is pretty typical in manga.Just looking at these 5 I have less of a frame of reference for what's going on- but in previous pages is more of the story's context is established?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And for monster design, you should look into taking a figure sculpting class with clay. You'll have an even better understanding of structures when you have to build them 3D.

      Delete